Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Property Access Request From the DCC - Addendum

In yesterday's post entitled Property Access Request from the DDC I quoted the DDC as having stated that...

"We are seeking to commence the inspections as soon as possible.  Please contact or leave a message to URS at (201) 786-8488 before June 1, 2011, to schedule an inspection...."

I have received several calls and emails from neighbors who state that they have called the above number for URS attempting to schedule this survey and it is answered by a recording that simply says the number  "...201-786-8488 is not available and to please leave a message." 

I called the number myself and recieved the same response.

I contacted Mr. Richard Messerole at DDC and informed him (again via an answering machine) of the above and suggested that he contact URS and request that if they are not going to answer the number we have been requested to call to request and schedule these surveys that they at least put in place a message identifying the fact that the caller has reached a URS extension with additional information detailing the specific information to be left in the message.  I also requested that Mr. Messerole get back to me to confirm that he received my message.

I'll let you know what happens.

The present system is unprofessional at best and leaves many callers wondering if they have, in fact, actually reached URS.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Jonathan, I'm with URS Corp and have just starting returning phone messages this morning. Sorry for the delay in processing your phone calls. We do this type of work frequently in many parts of the city and rarely have so many people call so quickly. For anyone who has left a message, if I have not called you back by the end of today, please call me again as some messages I recieved were unclear or did not have return phone number.
    Again I appoligize for the delay and hope that you will find our services professional from this point foward. If there are any questions or issues that arise during the inspections, please do not hesitate to call the phone number in the letter.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete