Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Coastal Flooding to accompany tonight's high tide


Coastal Hazard Message
National Weather Service New York NY
327 AM EDT Tue Aug 4 2020

...COASTAL FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING
TO 1 AM EDT WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Two to three feet of inundation above ground level 
  expected in vulnerable areas near the waterfront and shoreline.
  [NOTE: There is still uncertainty on when the
peak surge arrives. This forecast is based on a worst case
scenario, with a 2-3 ft surge coming in at the time of high tide
Tuesday Night. If the surge peaks earlier, then water levels
and inundation will be less than forecast.

* COASTAL FLOOD IMPACTS...There is an elevated threat of
  property damage. Widespread flooding of vulnerable areas near
  the waterfront and shoreline. Expect 2 to 3 feet of inundation
  above ground level in low lying, vulnerable areas. This will
  result in numerous road closures and cause widespread flooding
  of low lying property including parking lots, parks, lawns and
  homes/businesses with basements near the waterfront. Vehicles
  parked in vulnerable areas near the waterfront will likely
  become flooded. Flooding will also extend inland from the
  waterfront along tidal rivers and bays.

* SHORELINE IMPACTS...Large breaking waves of 10 to 15 ft will
  result in considerable erosion of dune structures and
  localized overwashes along the ocean beach front. This may
  resulting in some flooding of roadways and vulnerable
  structures behind protective dunes.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take the necessary actions to protect flood-prone property. If
travel is required, do not drive around barricades or through
water of unknown depth.

Inexperienced swimmers should remain out of the water due to
dangerous surf conditions.

If you enter the surf zone, always have a flotation device with
you and swim near a lifeguard. If caught in a rip current, relax
and float, and do not swim against the current. If able, swim in
a direction following the shoreline. If unable to escape, face
the shore and yell or wave for help.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally amazed at how LANX CREDIT SOLUTION were able to complete my job in 10 days. I read reviews about them online. people were saying good things about them and how they helped them fixed their credit score and also cleaned up their report. I contacted them via their email, LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COMand later called them with (310) 879 2541 to know how the process works and what’s obtainable because I was ready to purchase a home but my credit was bad and my score 543. I had some charge offs, lots of student loans and late payments and needed a quick repair. Ten days after we got started, my score increased to 798 and the charge offs, loans, late payment removed. There is so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an unforgettable experience my score was about 450. I couldn’t get anything at all due to low fico. I had a few negatives, my profile was laden with hard inquiries. So I went online and found a credit company on a blog I contacted them on (310) 879 2541, and after further agreement I made with him, I made a decision that if he can help me, I will forever be in their debt, they assured me they will do everything possible to fix my credit. After 7 days I couldn’t believe my eyes, they deleted everything bad on my credit profile including my hard inquiries and increased my score to 790 and added two trade lines. They made me the happiest woman on earth. Please if you have a similar issues contact LANX CREDIT SOLUTION. Here is their mail LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM. thanks.

    ReplyDelete