Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

News from Assemblywoman Stacey Pheffer Amato

 

Friday February 24, 2017  
Stop by the office!

Rockaway 
9516 Rockaway Beach Boulevard
Rockaway Beach, NY 11693
718-945-9550
Fax: 718-945-9549

Howard Beach 
162-38 Cross Bay Blvd.
Howard Beach, NY 11414
718-641-8755
Fax: 718-835-3190

Albany 
LOB 827
Albany, NY 12248
518-455-4292
Dear Neighbor,
I hope you and your families are enjoying the unusually warm winter weather!
During the past two weeks, I created my first piece of legislation, to help Veterans across NYS; I was honored as Deputy Grand Marshal for the Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade; I joined with other legislators to co-sponsor protections for small businesses; and I announced I'll be hosting a mobile breast cancer screening van in March!
I've also attended civic meetings and planning groups, and kept up to date on some great community developments.  As always, my favorite part has been speaking with so many of you about your needs and your great works in the community.
You can stay up to date with community news and daily updates by following me on Facebook and Twitter! 
As always,  

Serving Those Who Served Our Country
This past week, I introduced A.5165, a bill to make it easier for Veterans and their loved ones, caretakers and community to get access to services throughout New York State.  It requires the contact information for each Veterans' Home to be placed on the website of the Division of Veterans' Affairs.
Co-Sponsoring Legislation to Protect Small Businesses

This past Tuesday I joined  Assemblymember Ron Kim for the announcement of theRestaurant Owners’ Whistleblower Protection Act (A. 5817 / S. 4472).  I  spoke about why the current system of health inspections is adversarial and arbitrary, and why it needs to be reformed.

Deputy Grand Marshal for Queens County St. Patrick’s Day Parade

I was named this past Saturday, February 18th, as a Deputy Grand Marshal for the 42nd Annual Queens County St. Patrick’s Day Parade, the second-largest St. Patrick’s Day parade in New York City.  

No comments:

Post a Comment