Tucked away on the west side of the small town of Broad Channel in the middle of Jamiaca Bay is a narrow, dead end, street that goes by the name of West 12th Road. Those of us who live there know that the nice part about living in a small town is that when you are not quite sure what is going on, someone else always does!
[Peter J. Mahon West 12th Road, Broad Channel]
...STRONG WINTER STORM CONTINUES THROUGH TONIGHT...
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST FRIDAY...
* LOCATIONS...HUDSON...SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER...BRONX...NEW YORK...
RICHMOND...KINGS...NORTHERN QUEENS...SOUTHERN QUEENS.
* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 16 INCHES...ALONG
WITH AROUND A TRACE OF ICE. HIGHEST AMOUNTS FARTHER NORTH AND
* WINDS...NORTH 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S.
* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.
* TIMING...HEAVY SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND
RAIN BY EARLY AFTERNOON...BEFORE CHANGING BACK TO MODERATE TO
HEAVY SNOW TONIGHT. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF AFTER MIDNIGHT.
* IMPACTS...SNOWFALL WILL MAKE TRAVEL TREACHEROUS. HEAVY...WET
SNOW WILL LIKELY BRING DOWN SOME TREE LIMBS AND POWER LINES.
WEAK...FLAT ROOF STRUCTURES MAY ALSO BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
Bronx Kings (Brooklyn) New York (Manhattan) Northern Queens Richmond (Staten Is.) Southern Queens Southern Westchester
NWS New York City - Upton (Long Island and New York City)