Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

News from Assemblyman Phil Goldfeder

February 14, 2014
 
In This Issue
Tougher Laws for Sex Offenders
Can You Hear Me Now?
Cross Bay Bridge Residency Rebate Reinstated!
Honorary Fire Commissioner
_________
Office Locations

Ozone Park  
108-14 Crossbay Blvd
Ozone Park, NY
11417
718-641-8755

Rockaway Beach
2-14 Beach 96th Street
Rockaway Beach, NY 11693
 718-945-9550 

Albany Office
LOB 834
Albany, NY 12248
518-455-4292

   Quick Links
  ______ 
  
  


Dear Neighbor,

As a father of two young children, I understand how critical it is to create stronger laws to keep sexual predators away from our children.

Earlier this month, I drafted new legislation that will fine tune current laws by restricting convicted sex offenders from residing within 500 feet or less from any public park with a playground. This legislation will close the sex offender loopholeand keep areas where children commonly play off limits.  

I will continue the fight to ensure our families and children live in a safe community and that parents have the peace of mind they deserve.  
 
Stay Strong,  

Can You Hear Me Now?  
In the aftermath of Sandy, our inability to communicate  compounded the many issues brought on by the storm.
I have urged the top cellular service carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint to invest in our community and build stronger cell towers and infrastructure that will withstand the impact of future storms. In addition, I have invited them to meet with the community to discuss planned improvements and discuss ways we can continue to work together to build back stronger and more resilient. 

Cross Bay Bridge Residency Rebate Will Continue! 
I am proud to announce that the residency rebate on the Cross Bay Bridge will continue! Following my successful election in 2011, I made the elimination of the toll on the Cross Bay Bridge a top priority and immediately delivered for the residents of Broad Channel and Rockaway by bringing back the residency rebate program. The Cross Bay Bridge is the only intra-borough toll in country and I will continue to work with Governor Cuomo, my colleagues and our community until ALL residents of Queens and the city can travel on the bridge free of charge.
Honorary Fire Commissioner  
Deputy Chief Andy Zych presented me with my new jacket, award and pinned my collar as I was officially made honorary fire commissioner by the West Hamilton Beach Volunteer Fire Department at their 86th Anniversary Dinner and Installation! Huge congrats to my fellow honorees, especially Roger and Holly Gendron of the West Hamilton Beach Civic Association for their friendship and devotion to the community!

NOW, where are the keys to the truck?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment